Glass Cigarette Holders in your color choice.
Eliminate filter waste, litter and toxins – also reduces product waste by allowing you to smoke to the bitter end!
- Approx 2″ each
- Choose you color
- Signature “Tippy Toe” design
- Learn more about the symbolysm of my signature pieces and footprint logo at HappyHollowGlass.com
- Easy to clean
- Heavy walled borosilicate glass
- Properly kiln annealed for maximum strength
- Tapered to fit various sizes
“The holder was also used as a practical accessory, as before the advent of filtered cigarettes in the 1960s, the holder would encase a filter. Though modern cigarettes are generally manufactured with an existing filter, filtered cigarette holders are still used as a secondary filtration system, and to prevent nicotine staining of the fingers.
A similar holder made of wood, meerschaum or bakelite and with an amber mouthpiece was used for cigars and was a popular accessory for men from the Edwardian period until the 1920s.
As with evening gloves, ladies’ cigarette holders are measured by four traditional formal standard lengths:
- opera length, usually 16 to 20 inches/40 to 50 cm
- theatre length, 10 to 14 inches/25 to 35 cm
- dinner length, 4 to 6 inches/10 to 15 cm
- cocktail length, which includes shorter holders
Traditionally, men’s cigarette holders were no more than 4 inches long” (Thank you wiki for this very useful info!)